Leading Engagement-Focused Schools
In this two-year initiative, assistant principals and three teachers in participating schools partner in driving institutional change. The teams work to transform their schools into engagement-focused organizations that nurture profound learning for students and staff. (4 PLUs.)
- Teams of assistant principals apply their understanding of transformational change, capacity building, engagement and design.
- Teachers deepen their understanding of teacher leadership, with emphasis on school change through collaborative work with colleagues.
- Assistant principals deepen their understanding of their role as leader of leaders, with emphasis on school change through collaborative work with colleagues.
- Student & staff engagement
- School design teams & work design teams
- Strategic thinking & capacity
Expectations for Participants:
- Participants attend all sessions prepared to contribute to the network.
- School teams identify the specific results they seek toward becoming an engagement-focused school.
- Teams assemble artifacts and create a portfolio (digital or hard copy) chronicling the work they lead in their school/district.
Contact Ricky Clemmons: email@example.com or 770-216-8555 ext. 161
Read about the Impact of Professional Learning, Collaboration and Classroom Practice on Student Learning